Sunday, October 01, 2006

Newsweek (U.S. MSM)

I had actually started another post to this blog. I'll still post it at some point as it has to do with U.S. elections (mid-term and otherwise). Writing these posts is often done over several days. During one of my many breaks, I was watching some clips from recent Daily Show episodes. I saw something that made me laugh and while I suspected it was just a fake-news thing meant for a laugh, it had enough just enough truth in it to it to make me check for myself.

I am continually amazed at how many Americans consider themselves informed on what is going on in the world when all they do is watch the evening news or read the paper. Free press...an American tradition. Can't go wrong there, eh?!

I'll leave out the speculations on how this came about, but Check this out:


This is the latest addition of Newsweek International the Latin American addition. Cover page title: Losing Afghanistan


This is the same addition released in Europe. Cover page title: Losing Afghanistan


This is the same addition released in Asia. Cover page title: Losing Afghanistan


This is the same addition released in the United States. Cover page title: My Life in Pictures

Still think the news you get is the same as what is seen in the rest of the world? Is what you are seeing better, more acurate, and generally more relavant? There was more news in the U.S. on the capture of Jon Bennet killer (we all know how that turned out) than there was on Afghanistan and Iraq combined.

Anyone doubting the above is welcome (and encouraged) to check for themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home