Monday, July 23, 2007

Quotes

It's been a while since I've written anything here. I've done some stuff. Even had a personal TSA moment (hours actually...and police were involved as well...on my side).





This is a shot I took just days after the 4th of July celebrations at the mall in Washington D.C. Is this the symbol of the country?









The trip to the States was actually great...excepting the actual transportation issues.

Here are a few quotes from one of my heroes. They resound as much today as they did when spoken.



-Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation.

-No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices.

-Our major obligation is not to mistake slogans for solutions.

-We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.

-We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.


I was going to make you guess as to the genius behind these gems heard around the world, but that would be plagiarizing the pinnacle of journalism.

Edward R. Murrow

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home